Amanda-Users

Re: Change of tape drive unit

2006-04-28 03:56:31
Subject: Re: Change of tape drive unit
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:52:31 +0200
Guy Dallaire wrote:
(BTW: for some reason I have to recreate those links at boot time in
/etc/rc.local because they do not survive a reboot, I don't know why...)

Might this be udev on Linux?

I'm wondering what to do with my old DLT cartridges as I progressivly
replace them with LTO ? I'm planning to do the following, please tell me if
it's a good idea.
[...]

Why don't you `amadmin <conf> no-reuse' all of your old tapes, and label the new ones with a different name, DailySet1-025 ff. for example? That way, you keep the ability to restore from the old tapes, tape names do not change, and you never have two tapes carrying the same name. Unless you really want the tapes to be numbered starting from -001.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk  * BUF Compagnie * alexj AT buf DOT com
Tel +33-1 42 68 18 28  *  Fax +33-1 42 68 18 29