Amanda-Users

Restoring /usr partition on Amanda server

2006-04-28 03:22:35
Subject: Restoring /usr partition on Amanda server
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:14:27 +0700 (ICT)
Hi,

Last Monday my /usr crashed. That meant I could boot in single user
mode, but I had no amanda tool available, nor I had gzip or tar...

I had built a statially linked version for amrestore, gzip and tar and
put them in Amanda home directory (that is hopefully not on /usr). Be
carefull: amrestore must be built to use the gzip in Amanda home dir!

So I could use these tools to extract/restore the contents of /usr.

More details in https://wwws.cs.ait.ac.th/amanda/recoveremail2.txt

best regards,

Olivier