Amanda-Users

Re: new linux client install

2006-04-26 10:57:59
Subject: Re: new linux client install
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:55:04 +0200
John Clement schrieb:

> OK guys, 'amanad' was my typo copying the message into the email, here's
> .amandahosts

Expected this, yes ...

> orinoco.deanst.rroom.net        amanda
> orinoco         amanda
>
> and amcheck
>
> WARNING: murray.deanst.rroom.net: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?

Does not sound like a wrong .amandahosts ...

More details (maybe you posted them earlier ..? ):

What is your Amanda-server's fqdn?
What's the fqdn of the client?

> I didn't install the server or most of the clients here, I only added a
> client to this particular host yesterday using an RPM, as far as I
> remember it didn't ask me to configure what user it runs under.  Can you
> point me in the right direction to configuring it to run as 'amanda'
> which appears to be how its set on the server...

Run "amadmin <conf> version" and look for something like :

CONFIGURE_COMMAND="'./configure' '--with-user=amanda'
'--with-group=disk' [...]

This way you find out the user and the group it was compiled with/for.

Stefan