Amanda-Users

Re: new linux client install

2006-04-26 10:51:26
Subject: Re: new linux client install
From: John Clement <j.clement AT readingroom DOT com>
To: sgw AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:47:37 +0100
Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
John Clement schrieb:
Paul Bijnens wrote:
Is there a debugfile created  (/tmp/amanda/amandad.*.debug)?
What is in it?

Since changing the user in xinetd to 'amandabackup' there haven't been
any debug files. I checked by putting 'amanda' back in there and
restarting xinetd and I did get another debug file, complaining that
access as amandabackup is not allowed from amanad@orinoco.

amanad? Third variation now ... check for typos in there.

If ok, show us .amandahosts AND Output of amcheck again.

--

Decide for one user, amanda OR amandabackup.
What user did you configure/compile Amanda with?

Stefan
OK guys, 'amanad' was my typo copying the message into the email, here's .amandahosts

orinoco.deanst.rroom.net        amanda
orinoco         amanda

and amcheck

WARNING: murray.deanst.rroom.net: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?

I didn't install the server or most of the clients here, I only added a client to this particular host yesterday using an RPM, as far as I remember it didn't ask me to configure what user it runs under. Can you point me in the right direction to configuring it to run as 'amanda' which appears to be how its set on the server...

Thanks again,

John