Amanda-Users

Re: new linux client install

2006-04-25 12:26:22
Subject: Re: new linux client install
From: Pavel Pragin <ppragin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: John Clement <j.clement AT readingroom DOT com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:22:55 -0700
John Clement wrote:

Having read through some of the documentation it seemed a fairly straight forward thing to install an Amanda client. However, I used an rpm for it, having been forced to upgrade my tar software too but it appears to be running as amandabackup and in /var/lib... So I'm now getting the following:

amandad: time 0.002: accept error: access as amandabackup not allowed from amanda@orinoco: cannot open /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts: Permission denied
amandad: time 0.002: sending NAK pkt:
<<<<<
ERROR access as amandabackup not allowed from amanda@orinoco: cannot open /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts: Permission denied

at the bottom of my amcheck. I've confirmed that the file is owned and chmoded correctly:

-rw-------   1 amandabackup disk  109 Apr 25 14:23 .amandahosts

If I change the ownership or permissions it complains, so I think they are correct. In the .amandahosts file I have

server.domain.tld   amanda
server      amanda
server.domain.tld   amandabackup #added incase it made a difference
server       amandabackup #added incase it made a difference

So can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks

make sure that /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts is owned by amanda and the group is set to disk "chown amanda:disk /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts"