Amanda-Users

Re: Defining a sensible backup routine

2006-04-18 15:02:32
Subject: Re: Defining a sensible backup routine
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:58:02 -0500
Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 17 April 2006 19:24, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>> One of the goals of the amanda planner is to have a consistant
>> sized backup each run.  That is clearly not going to happen
>> with the DLEs you are backing up.  If you want to defeat this
>> aspect of amanda's planning the parameters are there, probably
>> maxpromotedays 0 is what you want.
>
> Backup failed today, with the errors
>
> "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf", line 26: configuration keyword
> expected
> "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf", line 26: end of line expected
> amgetconf: errors processing config file
> "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf"
>
> Line 26 says
>
> maxpromotedays 0      # Ensure reasonable number of incrementals
>
> I had initially missed the final 's' of maxpromotedays, but even after
> correcting that, amcheck gives the same errors.  What could I be overlooking?

On the older 2.4.5 version I have, the man page shows it as singular,
but I don't use it so it could be a typo.
   Are you sure that's a number zero and not a letter o?
   Do you possibly have an error on a previous line (mismatched quotes
or such) confusing the parser.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673