Amanda-Users

Re: Defining a sensible backup routine

2006-04-18 14:18:30
Subject: Re: Defining a sensible backup routine
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:13:39 +0100
On Monday 17 April 2006 19:24, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> One of the goals of the amanda planner is to have a consistant
> sized backup each run.  That is clearly not going to happen
> with the DLEs you are backing up.  If you want to defeat this
> aspect of amanda's planning the parameters are there, probably
> maxpromotedays 0 is what you want.

Backup failed today, with the errors

"/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf", line 26: configuration keyword
expected
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf", line 26: end of line expected
amgetconf: errors processing config file
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf"

Line 26 says

maxpromotedays 0        # Ensure reasonable number of incrementals

I had initially missed the final 's' of maxpromotedays, but even after
correcting that, amcheck gives the same errors.  What could I be overlooking?

Anne