Amanda-Users

Re: Problems building 2.5 B2

2006-02-25 18:59:21
Subject: Re: Problems building 2.5 B2
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:58:32 -0500
I'm surprised to hear you say that it fails with gmake too, since that's what
I use. What version of GNU make?

> Sorry, it's been too long since I did this.

You shouldn't need to apply the patch manually; if you take the attachment and
pipe it into the patch program, it will make the change automatically, like
so:

patch man/Makefile.am < /path/to/message/attachment

But if you want to apply the patch manually, read on.

> So, I read this as repalce the line:
>
>       $(XSLTPROC) --path xslt/ --output $@ man.xsl $<
>
> with
>
> %: xml-source/%.proc.xml $(srcdir)/xslt/man.xsl
>
> am I reading this corectly?

No, you should replace the line
$(man_MANS): %: xml-source/%.proc.xml $(srcdir)/xslt/man.xsl
with
%: xml-source/%.proc.xml $(srcdir)/xslt/man.xsl

that is, to remove the  $(man_MANS): at the beginning of the line.

--
Zmanda: Open Source Data Protection and Archiving.
        http://www.zmanda.com