Amanda-Users

Re: Problems building 2.5 B2

2006-02-23 22:59:13
Subject: Re: Problems building 2.5 B2
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:59:06 -0500
On Thursday 23 February 2006 22:38, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> The actual complaint is often a big help to those answering.
>
> > $(man_MANS): %: $(MANPAGEDIR)/%.proc.xml xslt/man.xsl
> >         $(XSLTPROC) --path xslt/ --output $@ man.xsl $<
> >
> > Now, it's been a while since I wrote Makefiles, but I must admit that I
> > don't undrstand rh %: myself.

I have to confess that this is my doing. That line is a "static pattern",
which is different from an implicit rule in that it applies only to the given
targets (in this case, man_MANS). However, it would seem that your make does
not support static patterns.

Try the attached patch, and let me know what happens. Implicit rules hurt
make's performance (especially global ones like this), but there are not many
targets in that directory anyway, so it is probably not a problem.

--Ian
--
Wiki for Amanda documentation: http://wiki.zmanda.com/