Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda server selection advice

2006-02-01 09:26:20
Subject: Re: Amanda server selection advice
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:02:42 -0600
Jon LaBadie wrote:

Al concurred that the Ultra 40 is the better choice and brought
up a number of points in support of his decision that I'd not
considered.  Things like end of product life and benefits of
moving to Sun's new filesystem, ZFS, in the near future.
This is a very good point that I hadn't thought of, if you're using Solaris. I've been very excited about ZFS for quite a while, and I'll most likely be running it on my desktop (or triple booting to it, at least) as soon as GNU/Solaris goes beta. ;)

Graeme