Amanda-Users

Re: question about holding.c

2006-02-01 04:01:51
Subject: Re: question about holding.c
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Wrrr10-G <werner AT orkz DOT net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:39:04 +0100
Wrrr10-G wrote:

Is there a simple way to hack holding.c so the dumps are kept in the holdingdisk after amflush has finished streaming to tape?

I would like to hang on to these dumps for a while for fast restores.. but still have the tape for archiving purposes. I am aware that this greatly resembles an item on the wishlist: "Keep files on holding disk after taped, that will permit faster recovery because they will be from holding disk, these dump will be erased when the same is needed for newer dump."
but 'managing' the dumps myself would work fine for me.

Using a RAIT mirror, with one side of the mirror on disk using vtapes
instead the holdingdisk, like explained here:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Rait

(Feedback welcome!)

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *