Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and DVD-RAM

2006-01-26 09:27:25
Subject: Re: Amanda and DVD-RAM
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:09:01 -0600
Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

UPS? Yes, we have one at work. But at home?
Probably I'm too spoiled by the reliability of the Belgian power grid...
Sounds like. I bought myself a $60 APC UPS for my home server years ago, because the 30 second brownouts every couple months or so in my old building made me nervous. At my new place, I hadn't had any issues for over a year, until I came home last week and my UPS warning beep was just a steady drone throughout the appartment.

I am *very* glad I have that UPS, believe me. ;)

Graeme