Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with chg-scsi

2006-01-19 06:43:03
Subject: Re: Problems with chg-scsi
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:25:53 +0100
Ian Turner schrieb:
Hello,

Is anyone out there using chg-scsi instead of chg-mtx or chg-zd-mtx? If so, can you tell me why? I've been testing it quite a bit, but there seem to be a large number of problems -- the code is ridden with bad device references, fixed buffer overflows, and the like. I'm more than happy to fix it, but only if someone can articulate why we have chg-scsi at all.

Let me know.

Cheers,

--Ian

Hi,
i'm using it at 3 places, with 2 types of changers, 2 external ADIC 12-slot dat changers ( with dds-3 drives in them) and an HP 24x6,
all are working hapily since 5 or 6 years now.
When i installed them i thought:
"Nice, there is a changer-driver for scsi-devices built with amanda?
Fine, lets read the doc's and get it working. It worked out of the box
for the HP-changer, and after a little tweaking for the ADIC-changer.
Nice peace of software, just does what is needed.
Christoph