Amanda-Users

Re: ACLs in inode #bla won't be dumped

2005-09-26 10:43:40
Subject: Re: ACLs in inode #bla won't be dumped
From: "John R. Jackson" <jrj AT purdue DOT edu>
To: David Leangen <dleangen AT canada DOT com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:32:16 -0500
>I am getting something like the following in my logs, and somehow it
>doesn't seem right...
>
>sendbackup : time xxx.xxx : normal(|) DUMP+ ACLs in inode #xxx wont't be
>dumped

First, please realize that it's your dump program reporting this,
not Amanda.  Amanda is just echoing the messages through.

What kind of OS is being dumped and what kind of dump (e.g. ufsdump,
vxdump, etc)?  Some versions of dump just don't do ACL's.  Vendors want
you to buy their spiffy proprietary backup software that actually works
and leave the normal stuff crippled.  Wonderful folks, those vendors.

>Dave

John R. Jackson, Senior Systems Analyst, Engineering Solutions, Inc