Amanda-Users

Re: ACLs in inode #bla won't be dumped

2005-09-26 10:33:24
Subject: Re: ACLs in inode #bla won't be dumped
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:04:29 -0400
On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 06:21:46PM +0900, David Leangen wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am getting something like the following in my logs, and somehow it
> doesn't seem right...
>
> sendbackup : time xxx.xxx : normal(|) DUMP+ ACLs in inode #xxx wont't be
> dumped
> sendbackup : time xxx.xxx : index tee cannot write [Broken pipe]

I don't know what dump program that is coming from and
have never seen the message.  I suspect that sendbackup
is simply showing the stderr of the dump program to you.

Thus my approach to investigating this would be to look
at the man page (or other docs) for your particular dump
program.  Some man pages list all possible error messages
and some explanation.

Just a WAG, perhaps some of your files have access control
list permissions that prevent even root from reading them.

jl
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)