Amanda-Users

Re: poor documentation

2005-09-16 10:16:53
Subject: Re: poor documentation
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:07:35 -0600
mindfuq AT binghamtonwireless DOT com wrote:

I must agree that the current documentation does little to minimize
pain.  I started to get into Amanda a year or two ago, and eventually
dropped the ball after reading 60% of the documentation before I even
began to touch the software.  The amount of work required before being
able to see something work makes it risky in terms of time.

I just thought I'd interject here, since I've had a relatively painless time implementing Amanda. Due in large part to the help of this list, I had a working setup in a week, and a debugged setup in two - three. That doesn't seem like such a huge time investment for something as critical as backups. ;)

Graeme

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
(306) 955-7075 ext. 485

My views are not the views of my employers.