Amanda-Users

Re: poor documentation

2005-09-19 11:22:12
Subject: Re: poor documentation
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:07:22 +0200
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 at 2:20pm, Clive Galway wrote

Is there any documentation other than the official manual ?
The one I have (dated june 26 2005, so I presume it is recent) is
woefully poor and has in some cases made the install harder, not
easier.

Err, how many OSS projects do *you* know that have 350+ page manuals? Now, what are the sizes of the development teams for those projects? For a project the size of amanda, that manual is nothing short of a wonder, and I applaud those who took the time to put it together.

(Used the wrong sender again, so my reply was swallowed by majordomo silently ...)

Thanks, Joshua, for defending the AMANDA-docs. Many things are already done, many are still to be done ....

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member