Amanda-Users

Re: Debugging lufs vtape and amanda flushing-throtle for amanda

2005-05-23 04:16:53
Subject: Re: Debugging lufs vtape and amanda flushing-throtle for amanda
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Vlad Popa <vlad.popa AT sbg.ac DOT at>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:49:44 +0200
Vlad Popa wrote:
So how can I say "Not so fast, Mrs. Amanda !" when taping ?

Are you 100% sure that is the problem??
The last time, it was just a simple DLE too large to fit on the
vtape.
I never saw any indication it was the vtape timing out or being too fast.

As sidenote, two weeks ago, one of my tapes was stuck during the
weekend run, and it hang amanda taper from saterday to monday morning.
When I got in mondaymorning and pressed the buttons from the tapedrive
amanda proceeded with the tapewriting as if nothing happened.
The problem happened in the beginning, when rewinding, so I can't
say it behaves the same when a write to tape would take a long time.