Amanda-Users

Re: Request for enhancement - Auto dle

2005-05-13 17:15:27
Subject: Re: Request for enhancement - Auto dle
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:54:33 -0600

--On May 13, 2005 3:21:29 PM -0500 Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
wrote:

   I just have a DLE for the top level, and that directory contains an
exclude file containing the subdirs that I back up as separate DLEs.
That way I won't miss any new subdirs that are created.  This won't work
as well for very dynamic environments or where you don't have much
control on the client machines.

Remember that excludes are controlled/controllable server side. I use a file on the clients though myself....and...honestly i just had a thought about how well/if they work with GNUTAR or not? I'd assume so.