Amanda-Users

Re: Request for enhancement - Auto dle

2005-05-13 16:15:18
Subject: Re: Request for enhancement - Auto dle
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:58:13 -0400
On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 09:36:27PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Hi, Chris,
>
> on Freitag, 13. Mai 2005 at 19:20 you wrote to amanda-users:
>
> CL> It would be great if we could tell amanda that all subdirectories of a
> CL> specific root were to be treated as individual disk list entries. i.e.
> CL> balance all sub directories across backups.
>
> I don't want to sound lazy, but isn't this solved pretty easily by
> some kind of shell-script that you run regularly?

For those of you spliting something like a home directory
and saying you miss added ones, a way to possibly handle this
is to have a general DLE that nominally gets all the top
dir but excludes those you have individual DLE's for.

    host Users-1 /home {
        include file append "./[a-m]"
    }

    host Users-2 /home {
        include file append "./[n-z]"
    }

    host Users-rest /home {
        exclude file append "./[a-m]"
        exclude file append "./[n-z]"
    }

> PAW
>
> (according to Jon LaBadie this means
> "Stefan G. Weichinger writes : Patches Always Welcome")
>
> ;-)

I thought we decide on APAW (Applicable PAW).

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)