Amanda-Users

Re: Request for enhancement - Auto dle

2005-05-13 15:53:49
Subject: Re: Request for enhancement - Auto dle
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:36:27 +0200
Hi, Chris,

on Freitag, 13. Mai 2005 at 19:20 you wrote to amanda-users:

CL> It would be great if we could tell amanda that all subdirectories of a
CL> specific root were to be treated as individual disk list entries. i.e.
CL> balance all sub directories across backups.

I don't want to sound lazy, but isn't this solved pretty easily by
some kind of shell-script that you run regularly?

If this script "find"s some new directory inside that given
dle-root-directory it appends a new DLE to your disklist.

Find all the dirs under dle-root-dir, compare them to a list of
already existing DLEs, if something is new, add DLE to disklist.

I have to admit that this new auto-DLE-feature inside AMANDA would
also look good to me ;-)

This would mean we would need some kind of new parameter inside
amanda.conf, maybe "dleroot yes/no (default: no)" ?

PAW

(according to Jon LaBadie this means
"Stefan G. Weichinger writes : Patches Always Welcome")

;-)

--
best regards,
Stefan