Amanda-Users

Re: "options" keyword in example dumptype definitions?

2005-03-07 15:44:59
Subject: Re: "options" keyword in example dumptype definitions?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:22:40 +0100
Hi, Gene,

on Sonntag, 06. März 2005 at 23:14 you wrote to amanda-users:

>>I think that the current manpage (for example here:
>>http://www.amanda.org/docs/amanda.8.html, same content as in
>> 2.4.4p4, minor corrections) reflects the current way of defining
>> dumptypes (See DUMPTYPE SECTION). No need to document an option
>> that isn't there anymore IMO.

GH> Duh, of course not.  Somehow, way back up the now yellowed and
GH> tattered log, maybe 2.4.0ish somewhere I recall there was such a
GH> beast, but if it was redundant, well...  Apparently its been gone for
GH> years because I never made use of that syntax in my original setup,
GH> probably around the 1998-9 timeframe.  Alzheimers maybe?  Darned if I
GH> know.

I browsed the Changelog and didn't find it ...

GH> Is that a seperate, updated file compared to the manpages included
GH> with 2.4.5b1-20050214?

The current xml-docs-tree is based on the amanda-243-branch of the
CVS. 2.4.5b1 comes out of the amanda-245-branch, so there are
differences, yes. But not, when it comes to "starttime", AFAIK.

The manpages in the xml-docs-branch are somewhat corrected and
formatted, but the content hasn't changed much vs. standard 2.4.4p4.
I am looking forward to (and working on) merging the xml-docs into the
next major AMANDA-release.
--
best regards,
Stefan