Amanda-Users

Re: "options" keyword in example dumptype definitions?

2005-03-07 08:14:16
Subject: Re: "options" keyword in example dumptype definitions?
From: Bruce.Skinner AT drdc-rddc.gc DOT ca (Bruce S. Skinner)
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 07 Mar 2005 12:57:41 +0000
"Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at> writes:

> Hi, Gene,
>
> on Sonntag, 06. März 2005 at 17:25 you wrote to amanda-users:
>
> GH> On Sunday 06 March 2005 09:09, Bruce S. Skinner wrote:
> >>I'm running amanda 2.4.4.p-2.2 on ubuntu linux, a debian based
> >> system with a version 2.6.8.1 kernel.  The example amanda.conf
> >> provided with my distribution uses a keyword "options" in the
> >> defined dumptypes.
>
> >>Are they identical?
>
> This syntax with "options" is OLD syntax, I'd have to dig through the
> Changelog to tell you how old.
>
> >>If so, why would I use one form over the other and where is the
> >>"options" form fully documented?
>
> As Jon already noticed, "options" is no keyword in the current
> AMANDA-release. Do your AMANDA-binaries complain?

The question came up as I was writing my initial amanda.conf to give
it a test drive.  It's moot as I am using the documentated syntax
anyway, not what I found in the supplied examples.  It's just that
without delving into the sources, I had no way of knowing which was
out of date, the man page or /etc/amanda/DailySet1/amanda.conf.

thanks & regards :-)
BruceS

--

Bruce S. Skinner