Amanda-Users

Re: Backup image tape spanning, a look back and a look ahead...

2005-02-25 00:13:41
Subject: Re: Backup image tape spanning, a look back and a look ahead...
From: Peter Kunst <pkunst AT imagnos DOT com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:13:57 +0100
John Stange wrote:
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> sez:

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 10:27, John Stange wrote:

<snipple>

Just a note, on the expectation that people will ask after the
status of my span/split patch.  The most recent release is a patch
against 2.4.5, and works pretty well for me.  I've had one report
of amrecover troubles with it, but I've been unable to reproduce
that so far (I use the amfetchdump util that comes with the patch,
myself).  So, it's not abandoned or anything, just idling for
feedback.

A url to the patch would have been nice, John. :-)

Can I get a "duh" from the crowd?

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~building/span_split_2.4.5-current.patch.gz

That's against the 2.4.5b release available on the official AMANDA page, from
October.  I can whip one up that applies cleanly to the more recent 2.4.5b
snapshots, if so desired.

*duh* i'll try it. Thanks in advance for your efforts, John !

I haven't made any efforts to port it to the 2.5.0 tree, because in
the grand scheme of things I don't really know what's up with
2.5.0, or for that matter whether the core team thinks my code is
the work of a jabbering fool (and, ok, it is, but that may be
immaterial to its utility :).

 Cheers, Peter

\ Peter Kunst       \ Imagnos AG -------------> http://www.imagnos.com /
 \ -> Development &  \ $WORK: pkunst AT imagnos DOT com (+49-69-50952-0)     /
  \ -> Administration \                     $HOME: (+49-6104-947254) /
   \ -> read http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html before replying  /