Amanda-Users

Re: Backup image tape spanning, a look back and a look ahead...

2005-02-25 14:30:28
Subject: Re: Backup image tape spanning, a look back and a look ahead...
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:15:50 -0500
On Friday 25 February 2005 13:02, John Stange wrote:

>> >Can I get a "duh" from the crowd?
>>
>> Duh...
>>
>> >http://www.cs.umd.edu/~building/span_split_2.4.5-current.patch.gz
>> >
>> >That's against the 2.4.5b release available on the official
>> > AMANDA page, from October.  I can whip one up that applies
>> > cleanly to the more recent 2.4.5b snapshots, if so desired.
>>
>> If its not too much trouble John, I'd appreciate it.
>
>Here goes:
>
>http://www.cs.umd.edu/~building/span_split_V7.0-2.4.5b1-20050214.pat
>ch.gz

Humm, my dns must have a belly ache, it doesn't resolve.  Thanks
verizon.  Another successfull strike againt FOSS.  Jerks.  I'll try
it later just in case they're reimaging that IIS server again, their
usual fix for a hacked & rootkitted server.  I should go look at my
firewall boxes logs and see if it managed to trigger portsentry
(again, this gets old)

Humm, nothing in the logs, but the secondary dns is
in /etc/hosts.deny, twice.  I wonder how it got there...  Cleaned
that up, try again...

Got it, but had to feed the url to mozilla by hand.

>which is against:
>
>http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~martinea/amanda/amanda-2.4.5b1-20050214
>.tar.gz

This one I'm running, using tar-1.15-1, works great.

>I don't have time today to test this diff past the "it compiles"
> stage, so caveat emptor.  I've been using the older October build
> in my production backups for quite some time now, so that one's
> more thoroughly vetted for the subset of facilities I use around
> here.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: