Amanda-Users

Re: Backup image tape spanning, a look back and a look ahead...

2005-02-24 12:17:29
Subject: Re: Backup image tape spanning, a look back and a look ahead...
From: John Stange <building AT nap DOT edu>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:08:10 -0500
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> sez:
> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 10:27, John Stange wrote:
> ><snipple>
> >
> >Just a note, on the expectation that people will ask after the
> > status of my span/split patch.  The most recent release is a patch
> > against 2.4.5, and works pretty well for me.  I've had one report
> > of amrecover troubles with it, but I've been unable to reproduce
> > that so far (I use the amfetchdump util that comes with the patch,
> > myself).  So, it's not abandoned or anything, just idling for
> > feedback.
>
> A url to the patch would have been nice, John. :-)

Can I get a "duh" from the crowd?

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~building/span_split_2.4.5-current.patch.gz

That's against the 2.4.5b release available on the official AMANDA page, from
October.  I can whip one up that applies cleanly to the more recent 2.4.5b
snapshots, if so desired.

--
John Stange, Systems Administrator
National Academies Press