Amanda-Users

Re: Backup image tape spanning, a look back and a look ahead...

2005-02-25 13:11:35
Subject: Re: Backup image tape spanning, a look back and a look ahead...
From: John Stange <building AT nap DOT edu>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:02:58 -0500
> >> A url to the patch would have been nice, John. :-)
> >
> >Can I get a "duh" from the crowd?
> >
> Duh...
>
> >http://www.cs.umd.edu/~building/span_split_2.4.5-current.patch.gz
> >
> >That's against the 2.4.5b release available on the official AMANDA
> > page, from October.  I can whip one up that applies cleanly to the
> > more recent 2.4.5b snapshots, if so desired.
>
> If its not too much trouble John, I'd appreciate it.

Here goes:

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~building/span_split_V7.0-2.4.5b1-20050214.patch.gz

which is against:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~martinea/amanda/amanda-2.4.5b1-20050214.tar.gz

I don't have time today to test this diff past the "it compiles" stage, so
caveat emptor.  I've been using the older October build in my production
backups for quite some time now, so that one's more thoroughly vetted for the
subset of facilities I use around here.

--
John Stange, Systems Administrator
National Academies Press