Amanda-Users

AMLABEL

2005-02-07 11:05:07
Subject: AMLABEL
From: "Gil Naveh" <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
To: "Amanda-Users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:56:15 -0500
Hello,

We have a new tape drive but I am unsuccessfully running amlabel.
Some background:
I was successfully running amlabel on HARD-DISK.
I modified amanda.conf file to accommodate the new tape drive
specifications:
  I added the new tape drive spec - which I got through running amtapetype.
  with the following :

  define tape type ULTRIUM2-LTO{
    comment "just produced by tape type prog (hardware compression off)"
    length 207465 mbytes
    filemark 939 kbytes
    speed 17489 kps
    }

and added the following line in the 'main' section in amanda.conf
   tape type ULTRIUM2-LTO

But when I run the command:
# amlabel DailySet1 DailySet1001
The system ask me:
#insert tape into slot 1 and press return
Even though the tape is already in! - I tried to eject and insert the tape
but it again requested me to insert a tape!
Is it because Amanda could not identify my tape drive?
Or maybe it is related to my previous testing of Amanda with our hard-drive.
I successfully labeled our hard-drive and recently I comment it out and
labeled the new tape drive?

Thanks much,
gil