Amanda-Users

Re: Permission problems with LVM

2005-01-21 04:06:20
Subject: Re: Permission problems with LVM
From: Hans van Zijst <hzi AT syncera DOT nl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:55:53 +0100
Hi Gene,

Gene Heskett wrote:
First, the normal amanda install is to configure and make it as an unpriviledged user, like 'amanda'. This user 'amanda' should be made a member of the group 'disk' or some similar high ranking operator.

When that make is done, then become root to do the install, and re-running ldconfig after that is a good idea too.

If thats done, the installer will properly set the permissions and amanda should be able to backup just about everything. If this sequence is not done, then amanda will have all sorts of permissions problems.

Thanks for the hint. I didn't know about the ldconfig trick, what does that do? Unfortunately this doesn't make any difference. I fixed the permissions of the lvm files, then reconfigured, recompiled and reinstalled Amanda and ran ldconfig (I added the amanda libdir to ld.so.conf first). But still the same problem. More hints? :)

Regards,

Hans