Amanda-Users

Re: short write even if the dumps are just 10% of the tape size

2005-01-18 08:48:24
Subject: Re: short write even if the dumps are just 10% of the tape size
From: Peter Guhl <pgnews AT siconline DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:23:42 +0100
Hi

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 10:58, Michael Loftis wrote:
> Dumb question, maybe already asked,

No ;)

> 1) is any other app using the tape and

No.

> 2) has anyone checked to make sure the mechanism isn't jamming since you're
> not there to watch it at all.

The customer did change tapes, insert cleaning tapes etc. and he would
have told me if there was something unusual while doing this. We managed
to write some sucessful backups during the last weeks. Therefore I guess
a replacement is a rather good idea anyway. The customer wants his
server to write proper backups as soon as possible; lost time is more
money than a new tape.

Regards
    Peter