Amanda-Users

Re: short write even if the dumps are just 10% of the tape size

2005-01-17 11:06:06
Subject: Re: short write even if the dumps are just 10% of the tape size
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Peter Guhl <pgnews AT siconline DOT ch>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:54:26 -0500
On Monday 17 January 2005 05:38, Peter Guhl wrote:
>Hi
>
>On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 10:27, Paul Bijnens wrote:
>> To prove hardware problems, use a fresh tape, and do a
>> "amtapetype -e 20g -f /dev/..." (takes about 4-5 hours!) and
>> verify
>
>Hmm, looks like there's no amtapetype around...
> amanda-server-2.4.3,1 Too old or just not in that particular port?
>
>Regards
>    Peter

Thats pretty dated, if not downright Jurrasic.  It was simply tapetype
in those days and doesn't contain a couple of speed enhancing options
in the later versions.  You really should upgrade, lots of little
things have been added.  Your old config should work if you configure
the new one with the same options.  Its AFAIK, 100% backwards
compatible.

I'm running the 2.4.5b1-20041221 version here, with a much older
client on my firewall box, no problems.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: