Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover segfault

2005-01-17 11:01:34
Subject: Re: amrecover segfault
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:46:28 -0500
On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:32:24PM +0200, Shai Ayal wrote:
> Hi
>
> amercover segfaults on me when trying to access directories with long
> names. I managed to find this email:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/amanda-users AT amanda DOT org/msg22228.html
>
> and using addx and cdx works for me too.
>
> However this is quite a serious bug. Is anyone aware of this? Is it being
> addressed ?
>
> Shai
>
> Gavin Henry wrote:
> >Dear all,

Why did you include Gavin's posting which is totally unrelated?

Are you using tar or dump?  I ask because with the discussion of
the recent releases of gnutar I've been looking at the ChangeLog
for the tar project.  There are quite a few notes in there dealing
with problems with long path/file names.  Perhaps the problem is
tar's and not directly amanda's.

jl
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)