Amanda-Users

Re: Chg-disk question

2004-11-03 19:41:22
Subject: Re: Chg-disk question
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 19:33:42 -0500
On Wednesday 03 November 2004 17:04, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>Hi, Gene,
>
>on Mittwoch, 03. November 2004 at 17:34 you wrote to amanda-users:
>
>GH> My scripts are a mess but they work, and Stephan W. has been
> working GH> on cleaning them up and making them a bit more
> universally usable.
>
>GH> Are they ready for an alpha test yet Stephan?  Or should I just
> fwd GH> these, with the usual "I'm not responsible if you cat has a
> litter of GH> Dalmations" warnings?
>
>You mean the "append meta-data"-scripts?
>Haven't found the time yet to improve them, sorry.
>Another curious cat, maybe ...

Hmm, I pretty sure it was you as I haven't sent them out exactly
willy-nilly.  And I thought I heard you mumble something about
cleaning them for a more universal way of doing it.  A month, maybe 2
back up the log.  Or it was wishfull thinking on my part maybe?

Somebody who dreams in bash scripts could pprobably work wonders on my
versions, plus there's all kinds of cruft in them, commented out
since I'm no longer running tapes.

I'll backtrack and see if that gent wants to look at them.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: