Amanda-Users

Re: Chg-disk question

2004-11-02 11:09:43
Subject: Re: Chg-disk question
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:01:18 +0100
Hi, Alan,

on Dienstag, 02. November 2004 at 12:26 you wrote to amanda-users:

GA> Can anyone explain how chg-disk works? I'm a bit confused. As
GA> I understand it the number of slots in the vchanger is determined
GA> by the tapecycle option. This means that if I remove a tape from
GA> the cycle with amadmin no-reuse there will be insufficient tapes
GA> in the cycle. However, I sometimes need to take certain 'tapes'
GA> out of the cycle for a bit. Is this possible using chg-disk?

The number of vtapes has to be equal or bigger that the parameter
tapecycle. You could create some more vtapes, this does not matter to
AMANDA.

So if you want to mark up to 3 vtapes as "no-reuse" at a time and have
a tapecycle of 10, go and create at least 13 vtapes. Just make sure
that you have at least "tapecycle" vtapes that are marked reusable all
the time.

Ok?
--
best regards,