Amanda-Users

Re: Have you got any problem?

2004-05-19 15:04:41
Subject: Re: Have you got any problem?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 21:01:20 +0200
Hi, Ken,

on Mittwoch, 19. Mai 2004 at 19:58 you wrote to amanda-users:

KDA> Second: <Flame&Rant> Okay, guys -- ...
KDA> </Flame&Rant>

KDA>  Whew.  Sorry about that.  I've been using Linux and Open Source since
KDA> '93 or so, and I've been on the Internet since '88... and bad manners
KDA> -always- gets my goat.

There were no bad manners seen at all.
No RTFM or anything. I did not make fun of Pablo at all.
If you browse the archives you will find that he has got help many
times.

Just that I noticed that he seems a bit lost. I could only guess that
he has language-related problems as he has not told us before AFAIK.

And often the postings in the "tail /tmp/amanda/* > mymail.txt"-style
look like the sender is too lazy and relies on us reading the docs for
him.

KDA> I'll return to technical discussions with Pablo
KDA> now -- probably off-list, since the poor guy isn't a masochist.

If you can help him in spanish this would be the best.

And please don't think that I am one of the english-only-guys:

I am austrian (and currently heavily involved in translating
open-source-documentation).

It would be great for the whole AMANDA-project to start translations
of the docs. German, spanish, french, whatever is needed. Compared to
other projects, the docs ain't that big in size.

Sorry, Pablo, I did not want to offend you.
Thanks, Ken, for taking part.

--
best regards,
Stefan