Amanda-Users

Re: Have you got any problem?

2004-05-19 11:57:04
Subject: Re: Have you got any problem?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:53:57 +0200
Hi, Pablo,

on Mittwoch, 19. Mai 2004 at 17:21 you wrote to amanda-users:

PQV> Two things:
PQV> For use amanda i am following a spanish tutorial, wich is not a full
PQV> translated copy of the original. Every time I have a problem first I serach
PQV> in the docs and if i dont find them then I wrote to the list.
PQV> I readed the FAQ and other docs but I didnt find a solution

PQV> Sorry if annoyed with my questions, but i think this is a list for ask and
PQV> answer problems. And sorry again if im not a computer expert.

No problem about that, not at all.

I just noticed your postings over the last months and got the feeling
that you have not yet fully understood the basic principles of AMANDA.

It is a common way to do things to at first consult the docs.

I understand that not having a complete spanish documentation is a
problem for you.

Your postings often just sound like "Oh, does not work! I post that."

--

And please notice that I did not offend you in any way, my mail was
private to Paul Bijnens, which is also a regular contributor to this

He just replied to the list ...

--

Please make sure to use

program "GNUTAR"

in the dumptype, if you want to dump subdirs.

This does NOT work with

program "DUMP"

--
best regards,