Amanda-Users

Re: Have you got any problem?

2004-05-19 14:28:20
Subject: Re: Have you got any problem?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:23:49 -0400
On Wednesday 19 May 2004 11:21, Pablo Quinta Vidal wrote:
>>>Did you notice what this guy asks all the time?
>>>
>>>He seems to not have read ANY part of the docs yet ...
>>
>>If I really get bored, I also get sarcastic sometimes.
>>Last week another luser (or was it the same?) copy/pasted
>>a logfile, which ended in "or contact your systemadministrator".
>>I suggested he followed that suggestion. It was at least quiet
>>for a few days.
>>
>>PS. Notice I can spell "quiet" in the correct context too? :-)
>
>Two things:
>For use amanda i am following a spanish tutorial, wich is not a full
>translated copy of the original. Every time I have a problem first I
> serach in the docs and if i dont find them then I wrote to the
> list. I readed the FAQ and other docs but I didnt find a solution
>
>Sorry if annoyed with my questions, but i think this is a list for
> ask and answer problems. And sorry again if im not a computer
> expert.

This list is indeed that list, Pablo.  However, we seem to be getting
the feeling that something is being lost in the translation going
*both* ways.  Maybe not 100% your fault as I don't speak enough
spanish to order a beer in Tiajuana as I was last there in 1960.
OTOH, at nearly 70 years old, I'm not inclined to learn a new
language, its too hard to teach us old dogs new tricks.

Does the babelfish not attempt to translate the docs into something
thats understandable for you?

>Best wishes
>Pablo

>Una nueva forma de navegar. Descarga la Barra de Herramientas de
> MSN. http://toolbar.msn.es/

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: