Amanda-Users

Re: Samba backups failing after a specific amount of data

2004-01-15 11:02:54
Subject: Re: Samba backups failing after a specific amount of data
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:01:59 -0500
On Thursday 15 January 2004 08:31, Fran Fabrizio wrote:
>>Do you get any error messages? What does AMANDA tell you?
>>What´s in the logfiles for AMANDA and/or Samba?
>
>Amanda reports STRANGE, and the logs show SMB signing errors (which
> I've googled extensively for with no luck, and posted to the Samba
> list but no luck there either).  The process will be chugging along
> fine, and then you'll see a "SMB Signature verification failed on
> incoming packet!" and it'll then fail on everything after that till
> the end of the share with the same error.
>
>>763534336 bytes are ~765 GB ?
>
>No, that's MB.  I think that's a reasonable amount of data for a
> backup, I need it to be able to do at least 50GB or so per DLE.
> The /home I'm trying to backup contains 200GB of data, so I can't
> break it down too much for sanity's sake.
>
>>Exact versions of Samba, AMANDA, [global]-part of smb.conf, etc ...
>
>Samba 3.0.1, Amanda 2.4.4p2, target machine is Win2k3 ADS, here's my
>[global]...
>
>[global]
>realm = ciswinnet.cis.uab.edu
>workgroup=CISWINNET
>security = ADS # tried DOMAIN too, same results
>encrypt passwords = yes
>password server = snapper.cis.uab.edu
>client use spnego = yes
>
>Thanks for taking a look, I was hesitant to post in too much detail
> since I know that it's more a Samba problem, but the "big data"
> experts would seem to be here instead.
>
>Thanks,
>Fran

The only question I would be able to come up with Fran, is:
Whats the posibility that the login thru the samba server has a
timeout that roughly corresponds to that amount of data transmitted?

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,
ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: