Amanda-Users

Re: Samba backups failing after a specific amount of data

2004-01-15 08:32:48
Subject: Re: Samba backups failing after a specific amount of data
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:31:25 -0600

Do you get any error messages? What does AMANDA tell you?
What´s in the logfiles for AMANDA and/or Samba?

Amanda reports STRANGE, and the logs show SMB signing errors (which I've googled extensively for with no luck, and posted to the Samba list but no luck there either). The process will be chugging along fine, and then you'll see a "SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!" and it'll then fail on everything after that till the end of the share with the same error.

763534336 bytes are ~765 GB ?

No, that's MB. I think that's a reasonable amount of data for a backup, I need it to be able to do at least 50GB or so per DLE. The /home I'm trying to backup contains 200GB of data, so I can't break it down too much for sanity's sake.

Exact versions of Samba, AMANDA, [global]-part of smb.conf, etc ...

Samba 3.0.1, Amanda 2.4.4p2, target machine is Win2k3 ADS, here's my [global]...

[global]
realm = ciswinnet.cis.uab.edu
workgroup=CISWINNET
security = ADS # tried DOMAIN too, same results
encrypt passwords = yes
password server = snapper.cis.uab.edu
client use spnego = yes

Thanks for taking a look, I was hesitant to post in too much detail since I know that it's more a Samba problem, but the "big data" experts would seem to be here instead.

Thanks,
Fran