Amanda-Users

Samba backups failing after a specific amount of data

2004-01-14 16:53:48
Subject: Samba backups failing after a specific amount of data
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:51:31 -0600
I've also asked about this on the Samba lists but I'm guessing that
since we here are in the backup business we're the most likely to have
encountered the particular Samba quick I seem to be hitting.

To make a long story short, my attempts to backup a Samba share from a
W2k3 ADS server are failing in the range of 755698176 - 763534336 bytes
into the tar operation.  I can even rename the files and directories on
the share so that it happens in different files and directories.
Doesn't matter which share I am trying to back up, either.

This is exceedingly odd.  I realize that it's a Samba problem, but I
appear to have stumped them and if anyone has seen this problem it'd be
one of us here, so please let me know if this rings any bells.

I would also like to hear from anyone who successfully backs up a Win2k3
share - I would like to compare Samba and Amanda settings, perhaps if I
make mine match yours, I can solve this problem from that angle instead.

Thank you,
Fran

--

Fran Fabrizio