Amanda-Users

Re: planner schedule ?

2004-01-14 16:47:54
Subject: Re: planner schedule ?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:46:11 -0500
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:33:02PM -0500, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> Hello amanda users,
>
> I'm not sure its "planner", what component handles which order DLEs
> are handled in ?
>
> On this particular amanda server (one of about a dozen) we are
> running v2.4.2p2.
>
> I've got a partition of 54Gig, of which about 36 Gig are in use.
> I've an amanda spool of 35 Gig. Fortunately for us compression
> seems to be working pretty well as we are able to use the work/spool
> area rather than going directly to tape.
>
> Got me wondering though, is amanda saving this DLE for last so that
> it can utilize all of the spool area by itself or where we just lucky ?
>
> Since this DLE is running 'alone', are we really gaining any performance
> over running in degraded mode ?

Why do you bring up degraded mode?

Degraded mode is when amanda can not write directly to tape AND there
is insufficient, unreserved, holding disk for level 0 dumps.  It then
switches to making only incrementals to the holding disk/

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)