Amanda-Users

host down? [again]

2003-12-23 04:12:18
Subject: host down? [again]
From: BRINER Cedric <work AT infomaniak DOT ch>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:08:04 +0100
sorry fo the uncomplete previous message!

hi,

I'm getting something really strange lattely from amanda.
when I use for the first time ``amcheck DailySet'', a lot of machines
seems to be down ``selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?''.
When I relauched the ``amcheck DailySet'' then maybe only a few machines
are down. And after three launches (but often only 2 are enough) all the
machines reply correctly.

Server (obssf5) ---- clients (obssb10, ....,...)
I've checked the:
---amanda email---
FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  planner: ERROR Request to obssb10 timed out.
  obssb10    /export/diskA1 RESULTS MISSING
obssb10 /export/diskA1 MISSING ---------------------------------------------------

---obssb10---
/tmp/amanda on obssb10 (client) and I only found one file related!
/tmp/amanda/amandad...debug under obssb10: it looks okay (no errors)

---obssf5---
/tmp/amanda there was only
amtrmlog...debug
amtrmidx...debug