Amanda-Users

WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?

2003-12-20 04:40:19
Subject: WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
From: "Dean Pullen" <dean.pullen AT virtuefusion DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 09:33:17 -0000

Hi.

Having recently setup Amanda I'm having the following problem.

Performing an amcheck gives:

WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?

Originally I thought this was a shorewall [firewall] problem as it reported that it was rejecting packets on port 10080. Having allowed 100800 both ways, no further packets are rejected. However I still have the same problem.

I'm using SuSE 8.2 with the Amanda RPM that came with SuSE 9.0 (amanda-2.4.4p1-62.i586.rpm).

Does anyone have any advice to offer?

Thanks in advance...

Dean Pullen