Amanda-Users

Re: Barcode readers: how important?

2003-11-25 14:05:55
Subject: Re: Barcode readers: how important?
From: Preston Smith <psmith AT physics.purdue DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:03:24 -0500
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:51:30AM -0600, Fran Fabrizio (fran AT cis.uab DOT
edu) wrote:
> Next question:  They want $250 for 300 barcode labels.  That seems
> excessive.  Can these be made/obtained more reasonably?

 I use a Brother Ptouch label maker, which retails for under $100.
 Tape cartridges are $20.

 I can print code39 labels with whatever I want on them, and they stick
 right in the label spot on a DLT tape. Read without a problem on my
 Overland Data PowerLoader.

--
 Preston Smith                                <psmith AT physics.purdue DOT edu>
 UNIX Analyst                  Purdue University Physics Computer Network