Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda win32 Client

2003-09-03 10:59:12
Subject: RE: Amanda win32 Client
From: "Josh Welch" <jwelch AT buffalowildwings DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:53:40 -0500
JC Simonetti said:
> Concerning you and Uwe Beger, could you please tell me the
> approximative size of your Windows backups per day? Do you back
> up a production site, workstations?

<snip>
Okay, I lied a little bit here, I don't do it all via NTBackup. These are
SQL Server boxes I'm backing up, currently two of them. I have the SQL
Server do it's backups to the same samba share, and then NTBackup backs up
all the system stuff. The windows backups are about 3Gig each. The SQL data
is about 500Meg for the one box and about 6Gig for the other. The 6Gig SQL
backup takes about 17 minutes to complete, the Windows backup takes around
10 minutes.

Josh