Amanda-Users

Re: Newbie question : controlling Lotus Notes

2003-07-08 07:12:06
Subject: Re: Newbie question : controlling Lotus Notes
From: Dietmar Goldbeck <dietmar.goldbeck AT acm DOT org>
To: Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:07:17 +0200
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:54:58AM +0200, Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
wrote:

> My question : Isn't it possible to have more control over the process;
> say, restart Notes as soon as all its files (as indicated in the
> configuration) are backed up so that the Notes appserver can already be
> restarted while the 'rest' of the backup is still running ?
> I want to get rid of this 'intermediate' file system copy of the lotus
> files to another location prior to running the backup.
> However, I want to restart the notes appserver as soon as possible.

I can think of two solutions:

- running Amanda with a fake version of gnutar.
  This means to configure Amanda to use e.g. /usr/local/bin/amtar
  amtar is a shell script which stops notes, runs tar and starts notes again.

- Configure Linux with LVM and use snapshots.

  Ciao
     Dietmar

--
 Alles Gute / best wishes
     Dietmar Goldbeck         E-Mail: dietmar.goldbeck AT acm DOT org