Amanda-Users

Re: repost (chg-multi - backup to file and restore)

2003-07-07 04:50:48
Subject: Re: repost (chg-multi - backup to file and restore)
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: "Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH" <amanda-users AT alienn DOT net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 10:47:24 +0200
Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH wrote:
When I want to extract something I try:
amrecover -d chg-multi -C finanzbuch -s localhost -t localhost

I never tried it like that.
I just use a real device, not a chg-multi.

In "man amrecover", I find:
  If  you  want  amrecover  to use your changer, the tapedev must
  be equal to the amrecover_changer setting on the server.

What is your "amrecover_changer" setting in amanda.conf?

What happens if you do:

amrecover -d file:/backup/disk1/tape07 -C finanzbuch ...

(assuming the tape finanzbuch_007 is in tape07).

Why does amanda not recognize the changer and fetches the correct tape?

No idea, could be a bug.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone save me some hair, because I'm still
pulling it from my head...

Instead of pulling your hair out, you could use a workaround, and
let other people pull their hair out, while locating the bug (if
it is). You can count the hair that's left on my head on one hand (almost), so I've put it on my list to investigate, but don't hold
your breath, as I'm also married, father of 3 kids in a holiday period,
and have my fulltime job here too.

TIMTOWTDI, you know.