Amanda-Users

repost (chg-multi - backup to file and restore)

2003-07-07 04:05:16
Subject: repost (chg-multi - backup to file and restore)
From: "Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH" <amanda-users AT alienn DOT net>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:00:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi List,
I just downloaded amanda-2.4.4p1 and installedit, but after testing this
shiny new amanda I still got the same old problem with amanda and the
amanda changer. Here is what I've done:
amanda.conf
tpchanger "chg-multi"
amrecover_changer "chg-multi"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/finanzbuch/chg-multi.conf"
define tapetype TAPEFILE {
    comment "Just so"
    length 8000 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 1784 kps
}

/etc/amanda/finanzbuch/chg-multi.conf:
statefile /etc/amanda/finanzbuch/changer-status
firstslot 1
lastslot 10
slot 1 file:/backup/disk1/tape01
slot 10 file:/backup/disk1/tape10

When I want to extract something I try:
amrecover -d chg-multi -C finanzbuch -s localhost -t localhost
and I get a prompt, where I can select what I want to restore. But when
ommitting "extract" I get the following:
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive chg-multi on host localhost.
The following tapes are needed: finanzbuch_007

Restoring files into directory /etc/amanda/finanzbuch
Continue [?/Y/n]? Y

Extracting files using tape drive chg-multi on host localhost.
Load tape finanzbuch_007 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? Y
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on localhost.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n/r]? n
amrecover> quit
200 Good bye.

Why does amanda not recognize the changer and fetches the correct tape?
What am I doing wrong? Can anyone save me some hair, because I'm still
pulling it from my head...

Cheers and thanks
Nicki

- --
Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                         info AT link-m DOT de
Schloerstrasse 10                          http://www.link-m.de
80634 Muenchen                             Tel. 089 / 890 518-0
We make the Net work.                      Fax 089 / 890 518-77