Amanda-Users

Still getting timeout, is there ANYTHING else I should look at?

2003-05-19 09:03:46
Subject: Still getting timeout, is there ANYTHING else I should look at?
From: "Rebecca Pakish Crum" <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 07:59:45 -0500
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. A couple of weeks ago this client was
FINE. I now have etimeout set to 1800 and dtimeout set to 1800. I'm
still getting:
sending ack:
----
Amanda 2.4 ACK HANDLE 002-A0AB0708 SEQ 1053160202
----

bsd security: remote host web.isymmetrics.com user amanda local user
amanda
amandahosts security check passed
amandad: running service "/usr/local/libexec/sendsize"
amandad: sending REP packet:
----
Amanda 2.4 REP HANDLE 002-A0AB0708 SEQ 1053160202
OPTIONS maxdumps=1;
/ 0 SIZE 5469830
/ 1 SIZE 622920
/ 2 SIZE 412490
----

amandad: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: waiting for ack: timeout, retrying
amandad: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: waiting for ack: timeout, retrying
amandad: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: waiting for ack: timeout, retrying
amandad: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: waiting for ack: timeout, retrying
amandad: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: waiting for ack: timeout, giving up!
amandad: pid 5432 finish time Sat May 17 02:28:50 2003

I really need to get a backup on this box...should I just keep bumping
this numbers up and see what happens? That seems a bit hit or miss. I
can't imagine what would happen to my job if that box crashes and I have
no backups for two weeks!

PLEASE HELP.

Rebecca A. Crum
Systems Administrator