Amanda-Users

re-create index files

2003-05-19 07:53:01
Subject: re-create index files
From: "Per Nothagen, Triacon AB" <pn AT triacon DOT se>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:48:41 +0200
Is it possble to re-create amanda index files from the tape.

The reason I ask is that I do a level 0 backup of the root filesystem containing all amanda files and then I do a level 1 backup of a "work" filesystem. Both filesystems are on the same disk. When the backup is made it first backs up the root filesystem and then the "work" filesystem. The order seems to be determined from alphabetic sort of the disklist file and not the order the are read from the file. This means that the index file for the work filesystem will not be backed up since it is not ready when the root filesystem is backed up. This, in turn, means that the restore can not be made by amrecover but instead by a more complicated process using amrestore.

Another possible solution would be to be able to tell the order in which the disk are backuped so that the level 1 dumps are made before the level 0 dump of the disk containing the index files are made.

Per Nothagen